On Sat, 2015-02-28 at 17:11 +0000, Matthias Huck wrote:
> On Sat, 2015-02-28 at 16:45 +0000, Hieu Hoang wrote:
> > i've never seen the phrase-based n-best extraction explicitly
> > described. There was a paper on directed graph enumeration (I forget
> > which) that was helpful t me when I was implementing it.
>

> Maybe this?
>
> Hart, P., Nilsson, N., and Raphael, B., "A Formal Basis for the
> Heuristic Determination of Minimum Cost Paths," IEEE Trans. Syst.
> Science and Cybernetics, SSC-4(2):100-107, 1968.
>
> http://ai.stanford.edu/~nilsson/OnlinePubs-Nils/PublishedPapers/astar.pdf

And here's a paper from 2002 that describes the application of A* for
n-best list extraction from word graphs in statistical machine
translation (Section 4.3 & Table 1):

N. Ueffing, F. J. Och, and H. Ney. Generation of Word Graphs in
Statistical Machine Translation. In Proc. of the Conference on Empirical
Methods for Natural Language Processing, pages 156-163, Philadelphia,
PA, USA, July 2002.

https://www-i6.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/publications/download/443/UeffingN.OchF.J.NeyH.--GenerationofWordGraphsinStatisticalMachineTranslation--2002.ps