Hi Hieu,

It seems that [decoding-graph-backoff] doesn't quite behave like last
year any more. Can you briefly explain how its behaviour has changed,
i.e. what it did before and what it does now? Can you please also let me
know whether there's a way to reproduce the old behaviour via
configuration options?

Cheers,
Matthias

On Fri, 2015-01-09 at 15:20 +0000, Hieu Hoang wrote:
> >From the git history, I think it was slightly broken, then I broke it even
> more in May 2014.
>
> https://github.com/moses-smt/mosesdecoder/commit/44fec57c535db2df73ccbb1628d8143a9c728c19
>
> It was
>    endPos-startPos+1 >= backoff
> then
>   endPos-startPos+1 <= backoff
> I think it should be
>   endPos-startPos+1 > backoff
>
> I'll change it if it's ok with everyone
>

> On 9 January 2015 at 15:11, Marcin Junczys-Dowmunt <junc...@amu.edu.pl>
> wrote:
>
> >  Hm, we have been using it at WIPO, but I have to admit I never checked
> > it _actually_ does anything useful. We sorta believe it does.
> >
> > W dniu 09.01.2015 o 16:08, Hieu Hoang pisze:
> >
> >   Hi All
> >
> >  Does anyone use this functionality in Moses when you have multiple
> > phrase-tables?
> >
> >  From the code, it doesn't look like it works as described in
> >   http://www.statmt.org/moses/?n=Moses.AdvancedFeatures
> >
> >  Maybe I'm missing something
> >
> > --
> > Hieu Hoang
> > Research Associate
> > University of Edinburgh
> > http://www.hoang.co.uk/hieu

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.