Hieu Hoang
Researcher
New York University, Abu Dhabi
http://www.hoang.co.uk/hieu

On 25 June 2015 at 13:58, Jeroen Vermeulen <
j...@precisiontranslationtools.com> wrote:

> On 25/06/15 15:55, Barry Haddow wrote:
>
> > From memory, I think you are correct. For recombination we only care if
> > the FF states are equal or not equal, the actual order does not matter.
> > The hypotheses are added to an (ordered) set when they get created,
> > where the orderer uses the RecombineCompare methods in WordsBitmap and
> > Hypothesis. If the insert() does not result in adding a new Hypothesis
> > to the set, then it is recombined. Look at the AddPrune() method in
> > HypothesisStackNormal.
>
> What I'm seeing so far suggests that all we really need is a "less"
> operator.  So simpler than what we have now, but still an asymmetric
> comparison.

that's correct. It's my fault that it compares 'more than' too. I didn't
know what was going to be needed in the beginning so it was defensive
programming. I also thought it was slightly easier to understand.

How about I rename RecombineCompare to RecombineCompareLess, and make it
> return a bool?

sure