Hey,

I have opposed this change in the past for two reasons:

Using more than 4 threads doesn't help unless the user is using
PhraseDictionaryCompact. See this issue
https://github.com/moses-smt/mosesdecoder/issues/39 in fact on most
machines you rarely want to run moses on all available threads.

Also - threads all picks up virtual (hyper) threads which are in fact
harmful to performance.

If you want to change the default I think it would be better to have a sane
default like 4.. It would boost performance for most people and if you run
it on machines with less available cores it would be not too bad.

Cheers,

Nick