Actually, is there any good reason to have this option not enabled by default?

W dniu 26.10.2015 o 08:52, Marcin Junczys-Dowmunt pisze:
This particular error does not indicate singletons, there is a different error message for that.

Sometimes discounts are just weird. Kneser-Ney smoohting requires them to be larger than 0, I do not really know though how negative discounts come to be.

W dniu 25.10.2015 o 23:56, Ulrich Germann pisze:
More specifically, it's a sign that your data might have to be de-duplicated. The error occurs when there are no singleton n-grams of a certain order.

- Uli

On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 7:22 AM, Marcin Junczys-Dowmunt <junc...@amu.edu.pl <mailto:junc...@amu.edu.pl>> wrote:

    Hi,
    That's what --discount_fallback is for.
    Best,
    Marcin

    --
    Sent from my phone

    -------- Wiadomość oryginalna --------
    Temat: [Moses-support] lmplz error
    Od: Hieu Hoang
    Do: moses-support
    DW:

        hi all

        does anyone know how to fix this error from lmplz:
        'lm::builder::BadDiscountException'
        what(): ERROR: 4-gram discount out of range for adjusted
        count 3:
        -0.446424 <tel:0.446424>
        The command I was running is
        .../lmplz --text .../Ubuntu.truecased.3 --order 5 --arpa
        .../Ubuntu.lm.3 --prune 0 0 1 -T .../lm -S 20%
        I guess there's not enough data to create a 5-gram

-- Hieu Hoang
        http://www.hoang.co.uk/hieu

Ulrich Germann
Senior Researcher