WMT 2016 Shared Task on Cross-lingual Pronoun Prediction

Website: http://www.statmt.org/wmt16/pronoun-task.html
At WMT 2016 (collocated with ACL 2016)

We are pleased to announce an exciting cross-lingual pronoun prediction task
for people interested in (discourse-aware) machine translation, anaphora
resolution and machine learning in general.

Participants are invited to submit systems for:
English-French
English-German
French-English
German-English

In the cross-lingual pronoun prediction task, participants are asked to predict
a target-language pronoun given a source-language pronoun in the context of a
sentence. For example, in the English-French sub-task, to predict the correct
translation of "it" or "they" into French (ce, elle, elles, il, ils, cela, on,
OTHER). You may use any type of information that can be extracted from the
documents. We provide training and development data and a simple baseline
system using an N-gram language model.

More details can be found on our website:
http://www.statmt.org/wmt16/pronoun-task.html

Mailing list:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/wmt-2016-cross-lingual-pronoun-prediction-shared-task

Important Dates:

4th April 2016, Release of test data
11th April 2016, System submission
8th May 2016, Paper submission deadline
5th June 2016, Notification of acceptance
22nd June 2016, Camera-ready deadline

Acknowledgements:
The organisation of this task has received support from the following project:
Discourse-Oriented Statistical Machine Translation funded by the Swedish
Research Council (2012-916)