Hi
I have recently started using Moses 3.0 and I noticed the following
difference compared to Moses 2.1
Assuming ttable-limit is set to 20, Moses 3.0 retrieves the 20 translation
options of each source segment from the phrase table. But before
calculating the future costs and while it is checking the translation
options spans, Moses 3.0 only considers the top 8 options for each span.
Moses 2.1 considers the exact 20 options for each source span.

I have tested this using the same configuration files on both systems.
Although it never mentions that it pruned anything, but it seems most of
the translations options are pruned

*Moses 2.1*
Total translation options: 814
Total translation options pruned: 0
translation options spanning from  0 to 0 is 20

*Moses 3.0*
Total translation options: 206
Total translation options pruned: 0
translation options spanning from  0 to 0 is 8

Is there a parameter I can set to consider exactly the top 20 without
discarding any?

Regards,
Salameh