Hi,

the common training pipeline limits sentences to at most 80 words.
This is due to limitations in GIZA++.

There can be any mix of sentence lengths - long sentences, short
sentences, single words.

There is a good chance for the system to translate "I eat an apple"
correctly, if it a training sentence pair with "I eat an apple on Friday
and
an orange on Saturday."

-phi