Hi all

I have two questions about using Moses in server mode.

1) behaviour of certain parameters in server mode

It seems that parameters related to word alignment do not work in server
mode. For instance, "*--print-alignment-info*" does not have any effect if
I start the server as follows:

*$ mosesserver -f model/moses.ini --print-alignment-info*

If a translation is requested, the server does not output alignment
information after translation. In non-server mode, the word alignment is
displayed.

I then hypothesized that perhaps all options that relate to direct output
are disabled in server mode, because output is usually sent as a server
response. But other parameters that have to do with output apparently do
work in server mode, e.g. "*--n-best-list*".

So, my question is:

*Why do certain parameters not have any effect in server mode and is there
any documentation about this?*

2) Parameters that are accepted in a request

The examples on Github and elsewhere suggest that the only two parameters
to the translate() function are "text" and "align". But apparently,
"word-align" is also possible. Now I am wondering:

*Does anyone have a complete list of parameters of the translate() function
that can be sent to a Moses server in an XML-RPC request? Again, is there
documentation about this?*

XML-RPC introspection functions are not really helpful at the moment, since

*system.methodHelp("translate")*

returns:

*'Does translation'*

and

*system.methodSignature("translate")*

returns

*[['struct', 'struct']]*

Are there plans to make this more informative?

Thanks a lot for your help.
Mathias

—

Mathias Müller