Thanks Hieu,

It runs out of memory around 3,000 sentences when n-best is the
default 100. It seems to do a little bit better if I set n-best to 10
(5,000 sentences or so). The machine I'm running this on has 192 GB
RAM. I'm using the binary moses from
http://www.statmt.org/moses/RELEASE-3.0/binaries/linux-64bit/

My phrase table was built on 1,200,000 sentences (phrase length at
most 20). My language model is a 5-gram, built on close to 500,000,000
sentences.

Still, the question remains. Is there a way to perform tuning incrementally?

I'm thinking:
- tune on a sample of my original tuning corpora; this generates an
updated moses.ini, with "better" weights
- use this moses.ini as input for a second tuning phase, on another
sample of my tuning corpora
- repeat until there is convergence in the weights

Bogdan