Hi,

It might be better to do phrase table fill-up.

You would add entries from a second phrase table ("background phrase
table") to your first phrase table ("foreground phrase table") only if
they're not present yet. You end up with a single table without
duplicates. Added background phrases can be distinguished from
foreground phrases via a binary feature.

There's a tool for this in Moses:

        contrib/combine-ptables/combine-ptables.pl

(Use `--mode fillup` for what I've described above. The script provides
further functionality which you can also try if you want.)

Cf.

Arianna Bisazza, Nick Ruiz, and Marcello Federico. 2011. Fill-up versus
Interpolation Methods for Phrase-based SMT Adaptation. In Proc. of the
Int. Workshop on Spoken Language Translation (IWSLT), pages 136–143,
San Francisco, CA, USA, December.

or

Jan Niehues and Alex Waibel. 2012. Detailed Analysis of Different
Strategies for Phrase Table Adaptation in SMT. In Proc. of the Conf. of
the Assoc. for Machine Translation in the Americas (AMTA), San Diego,
CA, USA, October/November.

Cheers,
Matthias