EMNLP 2018 THIRD CONFERENCE ON MACHINE TRANSLATION (WMT18)

Shared Tasks on translation, MT evaluation, and automated post-editing.

October 31 - November 1, 2018, in conjunction with EMNLP 2018 in Brussels, Belgium

As part of WMT, as in previous years, we will be organising a collection of shared tasks related to machine translation.  We hope that both beginners and established research groups will participate. This year we have so far confirmed the following tasks

- Translation tasks
    - News
    - Biomedical
    - Multimodal
- Evaluation tasks
    - Metrics
    - Quality estimation
- Other tasks
    - Automatic post-editing

Further information, including task rationale, timetables and data will be posted on the WMT18 website (http://www.statmt.org/wmt18) in due course. Tasks will be launched in January/February with test weeks in May/June.

For all tasks,  participants will also be  invited to submit a short paper describing their system.

Best wishes
Barry Haddow
(On behalf of the organisers)
Scotland, with registration number SC005336.