Hi Ryan

My two cents:

First of all, a way of detecting Google-translated text might be to take the
original text and run it through Google Translate (if they have access to an
API, I mean). Then see if an alleged machine translated-text is similar to this.

Here is another pointer to literature for you:

http://www.aclweb.org/anthology/P14-2048
<http://www.aclweb.org/anthology/P14-2048>

Regards
Mathias