Dear Hieu,

Thank you for your message. Is there a mirror website to access? or could
the archives and current group moved to another domain that may be more
secure against impersonation or internet access cutoff? I found that
http://www.mail-archive.com/ is blocked for some reason. For instance
googlegroups might be a possibility as they might be more focused on
personal communication rather than forums / blogs as the raised issue might
be sourcing from this. My main concern is that I would like to be able to
send messages to moses-support and see that they are there at least for
some time so that even if there is some man-in-the-middle attack, the
messages can still find their way.

Anyway, I did the reporting part from my side to gain access to
moses-support from Turkey without internet tunnelling. I don't know the
exact reason for blocking wikipedia but I heard that it is due to some
content and my current suggestion is to block that part of wikipedia and it
is damaging internet search since usually wikipedia entries come up.

Also,​ when I tried to download the CzEng dataset, we encountered a
difficulty with Onrei Bojar, for that we talked about md5sum usage to
verify downloaded files. Maybe there was some interception of the network
download. Therefore, md5sums can be provided with datasets shared.

Regards,
Ergun

On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 1:43 PM, Hieu Hoang <hieuho...@gmail.com> wrote:

> sorry to hear that. I was in Turkey a few weeks ago and saw they blocked
> innocuous sites such wikipedia, so not surprised mail-archived is also
> blocked for whatever reason.
>
> PM you link to the mit.edu's internal archive. I don't share this
> publicly as it has people's raw emails, don't want it to be harvested by
> spammers
>
> On 23/04/18 11:28, Ergun Bicici wrote:
>

> Dear Moses mailing list,
>
> I am not able to reach https://www.mail-archive.com/moses-support@mit.edu/
> from Turkey for the last 3 years and why is so is still a mystery to me. I
> am able to post/send messages but could check them through internet
> tunneling.
>
> Do you know why / have some explanation? Thank you.
>
> Here are steps:
> - I verified that is is blocked
> - I asked about this to BTK (https://www.btk.gov.tr/, but they did not
> solve a more specific issue I asked for)
> - I reported to https://turkeyblocks.org
>
> https://www.comparitech.com/privacy-security-tools/blockedinturkey/
>
> DOMAIN TO CHECK
>
> Istanbul -  www.mail-archive.com/moses-support@mit.edu/ *Not Working* in
> Turkey.
>
> Ankara -  www.mail-archive.com/moses-support@mit.edu/ *Not Working* in
> Turkey.
> ------------------------------
> This URL appears to be blocked in Turkey.
>

> Best Regards,
> Ergun
>
> Ergun Biçici
> http://bicici.github.com/ <http://ergunbicici.blogspot.com/>