This morning Leslie Marcus, Susan Schumacher, and I went out to Murphy-Hanrehan
Park Reserve in Scott Co to try and find a Hooded Warbler.  We more than met
our expectations when we we driving in on Scott 75 Murphy Lake Road, just .5
farther from the Park Entrance.  We heard several Indigo Buntings calling, and
pulled over next to the orange gated rail to watch them.  When we were looking
at them a Hooded Warbler started singing away, and shortly after crossed the
road in front of us, and perched on a tree branch.

I have never seen them outside of the interior of the park before, and could
hardly believe our good fortune to see him from the road so well.  We saw 7
Hooded Warblers up close and personal on the hiking trails, and they were all
singing out in the open in no particular hurry to disappear.  Other Warblers
were slow one here and there, but very nice to see and hear the Scarlet
Tanagers back in the park.  It was a beautiful morning to take a hike in the
woods, and we noticed that the Large-flowered Bellwort was blooming in many
spots.

Conny Brunell
Richfield, Hennepin Cty
con...@mycidco.com