I will be leading a field tip sponsored by the Minnesota River Valley Audubon
Chapter (MRVAC) to Miesville Ravine Dakota
County Park , this Sunday (8/22).  We will meet in the north parking lot at 8am.

You are invited to join us this Sunday for a trip through this remote and
rarely visited Dakota County gem. Birds that we
have found in previous years on this annual hike include both cuckoos (at least
one is usually found), humingbirds, and
often a good representation of early migrant warblers.  The hike up to the
hummingbird meadow is rated as strenuous,
although it is not long.  a few years ago we found a female Black-chinned
Hummingbird, which unphotographed, retained its
status as "never seen" in Minnesota.  This is also one of the most reliable
spots in the state for breeding Bobcats,
although we are not likely to see more than its tracks.  This trip is free and
open for all.

Directions:  From Hampton, Hwy 52 and Hwy 50, take Hwy 50 towards Red Wing.  At
Miesville take CR 91 south (right) bearing
right at the fork in the road.  At 280th Street the road will T.  Turn east
(left) and follow the road into the ravine.
Turn left into the parking lot.

I will also be leading the same trip on Saturday for Dakota County Parks, but
reservations are required and participation is
limited.  For details you have to call them.

Steve Weston on Quigley Lake in Eagan
swest...@comcast.net