THANK YOU Bob Russell for finding the Yellow-crowned Night-Heron, and reporting
it to the listserve so quickly.  I hustled over there as soon as I saw the
email, and observed it in the same spot from 12:15-12:45.  I was joined by
David Pettit, and the bird never moved from that spot other than to open and
close its eyes.

>From I494 go North on US 52, and exit on Butler Street.  Go West to the first
>stop sign Sperl St; Dakota Co Thompson Park Center will be on your left.
>Continue West 1 block to Carrie St and turn North (R).  Go 2 more blocks North
>and the Oakdale Community Church will be on your right.  I parked in that lot,
>and could NOT view the bird from there due to all the trees.  So I went back
>out to Carrie and went more block North to Bernard St and turn (R) East.  The
>public right of way (unpaved alley) reported by Bob is on the right between
>the 4th and 5th house.  From here looking South over Lily Lake the bird is
>roosting on the left side of the lake in a big Willow, on a branch hanging
>over the water, and is easily viewed at close range.

Conny Brunell
Richfield, Hennepin Cty
con...@mycidco.com