From: Florida Birds [mailto:floridabird...@lists.ufl.edu] On Behalf Of =
Noel
Wamer
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2005 1:16 AM
To: floridabird...@lists.ufl.edu
Subject: [FLBIRDS] Ah! Spring Migration!

Tonight has brought the first signs of nocturnal migration from Cuba
that is visible on NEXRAD radar.  At this time (approx. 1 am EST)
they are passing over the Keys.

To view this phenomena go to...
http://www.rap.ucar.edu/weather/radar/

In the drop-down box for "end-time" start at 0100 UTC, and then
click on the Key West indicator on the map (BYX).  Repeat this step,
moving up one hour in UTC to view the progress of migrants as they
approach Florida...

Later...
--
Noel Wamer
Jacksonville, FL

Member  photos  I:     bkpass.tripod.com/floridabirds.htm   (copy to
browser)
Member  photos II:     floridabirds-l.50megs.com            (copy to
browser)
For archives:  lists.ufl.edu/archives/floridabirds-l.html   (copy to
browser)
Set nomail: Click:  mailto:lists...@lists.ufl.edu   Set floridabirds-l
nomail
Listowner: Click:  mailto:floridabirds-l-requ...@lists.ufl.edu