My apologies.  The previous message was accidently
sent before completion.

In addition to the Snow Geese in Traverse and Lac Qui
Parle we had large flocks to the east of state hwy 7
south of Beardsley in Big Stone County, and several
smaller groups throughout the area.  Traverse CR 9 was
the only place that they were easy to observe as they
fed in the fields.

Ross' Goose - several seen with the flock of Snow
Geese at Traverse CR 9.

Greater White-fronted Goose - numerous throughout area
with Snow Geese and Canada flocks (many Cackling Geese
as well).

Tundra Swan - approx. 300 throughout area, with the
largest concentration by far (250 birds) in a field to
the north of  Traverse CR 76 1 mile west of Wheaton.

Golden Eagle - 1 adult in Big Stone County west of
state hwy 7 just south of CR 33.

Eurasion Collared-Dove - 2 at the grain elevators in
Wheaton, Traverse County.

Ben Wieland

Ben Wieland
Deep Portage Learning Center