If you see Snowy Owls now, please report all sightings.
I took my 17th trip to the Minneapolis Airport today to see Snowy Owls.
This was only the second time I was skunked. I was there at 6:45 and
searched till 8:15 to no avail. Multitudinous Horned Larks and a few
Longspurs heard and seen. If anyone is seeing these birds still, please
post it, so we can estimate when the date of departure for the Arctic
tundra was.  I then dropped south to Black Dog and found 30 Common
Mergansers on the river, several Bald Eagles and Red-tails along the
river, (one an extremely light immature Krider's), and a Northern Shrike
just east of the power plant, actively feeding from the 20 foot tall
trees in the grassy area south of the road.

Mark Alt
Brooklyn Center, MN