------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C5EB86.418EF4C0

I been monitoring Snowy owl movements and this could be a good year to =
se multiple sightings.  So far in Minnesota there has been a sighting in =
Eden Prairie, Rochester and FINALLY in Duluth!  There are reports in =
Manitoba, Ontario, Alberta and Saskatchewan.  Last year many birders had =
to go the airport lounge to view a Snowy Owl or make a quick see & leave =
at the prison camp in Duluth.  As deer hunting season ends this weekend =
more local birders will be scouring places in Sax Zim and other places =
to look for owls.  Also Whitefish Point have been banding several Boreal =
Owls since late October.  So far no major movement of Great Grays or =
Northern Hawk Owls have been noted in the lower 48 or in Canada.

Bird wise this could be a better for more diversity of birds then last =
year.  There have been more reporting of sightings on winter finches and =
waxwings.  Hopefully this trend will continue thru out the winter =
months. =20

Oh to get off topic -- IF I lived in the Twin Cities I would be checking =
BlackDog lake and other gull roosting spots. If you been web surfing you =
might of seen the amount of Mew Gulls being found in N. Dakota & S. =
Dakota, and Michigan and Ill.   IF I lived in SE Minnesota I would be =
checking the Miss. River for swallows and see you can find a first state =
record Cave Swallow. I do not believe they are going to survive the =
temps today in Duluth --high 20's YIKES!

Suppose to snow again tonight! GREAAAT!=20
Michael Hendrickson
Duluth, Minnesota
Minnesota Birding Treks
http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/
------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C5EB86.418EF4C0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>I been monitoring Snowy owl =
movements and=20
this could be a good year to se multiple sightings.&nbsp; So far in =
Minnesota=20
there has been a sighting in Eden Prairie, Rochester and FINALLY in=20
Duluth!&nbsp; There are reports in Manitoba, Ontario, Alberta and=20
Saskatchewan.&nbsp; Last year many birders had to go the airport lounge =
to view=20
a Snowy Owl or make a quick see &amp; leave at the prison camp in =
Duluth.&nbsp;=20
As deer hunting season ends this weekend more local birders will be =
scouring=20
places in Sax Zim and other places to look for owls.&nbsp; Also =
Whitefish Point=20
have been banding several Boreal Owls since late October.&nbsp; So far =
no major=20
movement of Great Grays or Northern Hawk Owls have been noted in the=20
lower&nbsp;48 or in Canada.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>Bird wise this could be a =
better for more=20
diversity of birds then last year.&nbsp;&nbsp;There have been more =
reporting of=20
sightings on winter finches and waxwings.&nbsp; Hopefully =
this&nbsp;trend will=20
continue thru out the winter months.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>Oh to get off topic -- IF I =
lived in the=20
Twin Cities I would be checking BlackDog lake and other gull roosting =
spots. If=20
you been web surfing you might of seen the amount of Mew Gulls being =
found in N.=20
Dakota &amp; S. Dakota, and Michigan and Ill.&nbsp;&nbsp; IF I lived in =
SE=20
Minnesota I would be checking the Miss. River for swallows and see you =
can find=20
a first state record Cave Swallow. I do not believe they are going to =
survive=20
the temps today in Duluth --high 20's YIKES!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>Suppose to snow again =
tonight!=20
GREAAAT!</FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>Michael =
Hendrickson<BR>Duluth,=20
Minnesota<BR>Minnesota Birding Treks<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/";>http://webpages.chart=
er.net/mmhendrickson/</A></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C5EB86.418EF4C0--