--part1_c0e.a716b4e.33011dd3_boundary

I spent Sunday, Feb. 11, 12:30-5:20 looking for the Spotted Towhee in Austin,
Mower Cty.   Alas, it did not show itself.   The homeowner did see it at 8:00
a.m. and told me that it's an early bird and not often seen later in the day.
  I know other folks have reported it later in the day.   The homeowner also
said that the towhee does not like to feed when cardinals or squirrels are
around the feeders.   When he is around, he likes to perch in the lilac bushes
near the feeders.   There was another birder with me most of the time, plus a
birder who had been at the feeders from about 10:30 - 12:00.   So - we had 'er
pretty well covered today.
     Sounds like I should have thrown in the towel and headed up for the gyr!
Linda Sparling
Hennepin County

--part1_c0e.a716b4e.33011dd3_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Gen=
eva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"2">I spent Sunday, Feb. 11, 12:30-5:20 loo=
king for the Spotted Towhee in Austin, Mower Cty.&nbsp;  Alas, it did not sh=
ow itself.&nbsp;  The homeowner did see it at 8:00 a.m. and told me that it'=
s an early bird and not often seen later in the day.&nbsp;  I know other fol=
ks have reported it later in the day.&nbsp;  The homeowner also said that th=
e towhee does not like to feed when cardinals or squirrels are around the fe=
eders.&nbsp;  When he is around, he likes to perch in the lilac bushes near=20=
the feeders.&nbsp;  There was another birder with me most of the time, plus=20=
a birder who had been at the feeders from about 10:30 - 12:00.&nbsp;  So - w=
e had 'er pretty well covered today.<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Sounds like I should have thrown in the towel and h=
eaded up for the gyr!<BR>
Linda Sparling<BR>
Hennepin County</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SANS=
SERIF" SIZE=3D"2"></FONT></HTML>

--part1_c0e.a716b4e.33011dd3_boundary--