I made a quick run to Chaska Lake this evening.  I was unable to relocate
the American Golden-Plover.    I did find the Kildeer, Lesser Yellowlegs,
Least Sandpiper, Baird's Sandpiper, Pectoral Sandpiper, and Stilt Sandpiper.
  The Solitary Sandpiper was likely there, but the lighting was getting
poor.  Same for the Spotted Sandpiper(saw at the lake last week)  I also saw
6 Hooded Mergansers and a Common Merganser in what was remaining of the
standing water.   When I looked back towards the sandpipers for about 15
minutes, I was unable to refind the Mergansers.  I am guessing they either
flew or moved towards the far end of the lake that was well into the shade.

While there, I decided to take a quick look for other birds.  I found the
Common Yellowthroat, American Redstart, Yellow Warbler, an Indigo Bunting,
and a probable Red-eyed Vireo(the lighting was very poor).  Also fun to see
was a family of Great-Crested Flycatchers.  I observed two young begging and
getting fed.

For the amphibian lovers out there, I saw the brown morph of the Northern
Leopard Frog.

John Cyrus