I have an apparent albino house sparrow in my yard flock.  The flock
appears to be 90% female with this one apparently larger and pale, pale,
pale - nearing white - bird in their midst.  At first I couldn't be sure
that it was a house sparrow or house finch but with its association to a
flock limited to only house sparrows I stretch to call it the same.  No
streaking on the breast but then again - would an albino bird have
streaking?  Yellow largish bill but perhaps appearing largish due to the
comparison with such a pale, pale body.  It is fascinating to watch.  It
has been around a lot over the last three days with this flock.  Let me
know if such a sparrow interests your viewing desire and I will let you
know if it is still in frequent viewing range.

Also, I found my robins.  I got a response from a net-birder (sorry
about not having your name, my hard drive crashed and took you away with
it) whose father explained that robins molt this time of year and where
would you be if you couldn't fly very well?  I started checking out my
rather sense vegetation and found my shruburies holding several shaggy
and not-very-willing to take wing robins.  As of late several have taken
to the bird bath with their bad-feather-day look and seem to only be
able to fly short distances.

I learn something new everyday.

Thomas Maiello
Spring Lake Park