Chickadees are very susceptible to West Nile Virus, and August is the
month with the most cases.  The disease is transmitted via mosquitoes, in
particular the kinds that breed in stagnant water in backyards, such as
bird baths, gutters, and children's toys.

Laura Erickson
Duluth, MN

Staff Ornithologist
Binoculars.com
www.birderblog.com

There is symbolic as well as actual beauty in the migration of birds.
There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of
nature--the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after the
winter.

                        --Rachel Carson