On Saturday morning my husband and I took a drive to Crooked Lake east of
Sandstone. There were several hundred ducks there, mostly ring necked ducks and
scaup, and three trumpeter swans (2 adults, 1 immature).

I saw my first pine grosbeak of the fall on Sunday. A lone male visited my
feeder, then perched in a dead spruce tree for about 20 minutes. Then, on
Monday morning three evening grosbeaks visited the feeder briefly. At least two
evening grosbeaks came to the feeder this morning, and on my way to work I saw
my first snow buntings of the fall.

Deb Sewell
http://whitepines.blogspot.com