Is it possible he was attempting to rescue the failing pelican
reported there twice by Diane Gulbrandsen (sp?)? I notice Roger
Everhart saw a pelican still there today. A friend and fellow
volunteer at The Raptor Center has done pelican rescue, and said she'd
be willing to try, if the bird is still there; I'll alert her
tomorrow. If anyone has current information about the bird, please
e-mail me.
Linda Whyte