As I loaded my luggage into the car to go to the airport this week, six
White-winged Crossbills, emitting raucous longspuresque rattles, settled
down in my raggedy Pitch Pine that overhangs my driveway. They jumbled
about and then zipped off very energetically. Is it me or does their
flight pattern seem much more speedy and energetic than other finches we
see here in MN? Even Red Crossbills seem to flock more regularly and fly
more directly, White-winged Crossbills usually go for a swirling Busby
Berkley entrance and exit. New yard bird, and up till now my favorite
yard bird was Jeff Beck...( I suspect  you must be aged 40-65 to
understand this non-sequitur). Oh, and by the way, there was a 84 degree
difference from Minneapolis to where I am this week - Mexico City...
Good Birding!