I can understand there being large numbers of Red Polls at Sax-Zim and other locations in northern Minnesota. I don't understand 150-250 every day for nearly a month here 30 miles from the Iowa -MN border. After 250 during the snowstorm last Thursday and PFW count of 110 Saturday morning, the numbers have been a consistent 50 or so the last three days. I have been feeding more sunflower chips lately as at $.89 cents a lb they are about the same price as Nyjer. I am going to miss them, as I realize what a rare event this has been and will start setting aside some cash in case it ever happens again. I'm hoping to see a definitive photo of a Hoary, I've seen as many as a half dozen at a time which look more like a Hoary than any I've seen posted. I trust the on site observers, all much more knowledgeable than I. There are still 20 or more RP at my brother-in-laws, near Lura Lake south of Mapleton.

John Nelson
Good Thunder MN