We are ready to assign Priority Blocks and accept breeding bird observations!

Just head over to http://bird.atlasing.org/Atlas/MN to register, request your
block and start entering data.  All participants in the Atlas project must be
registered on this site, developed by Cornell Lab of Ornithology to support
breeding bird atlas projects.  If you requested a block through mnbba.org, you
will need to re-request the block on the Cornell site.

Instructions for using the Cornell site, for now, are available from
http://www.birdconservationminnesota.org/.  On that home page, click on 'Click
here" in the message about the Atlas and at the bottom of the Atlas page click
on MNBBA Data Entry Instructions.

After you register, you will be on your My Home page.  To request a Priority
Block, enter the Priority Block ID in the Block ID field on the left side of
the page and click Block ID. There is a link to "Request to own this block" on
the Block Profile page which will send your request to the Regional
Coordinator.  A response will be returned to you by email.  If you don't know
the block ID, you can use the maps on the Cornell site.  FYI - you can enter
observations in a block prior to ownership.

All observations are assigned to the block in which they are observed so the
first step in entering observations is to enter the Block ID then, on the Block
Profile page, click the link to 'Enter observations'.  Select the format that
best suits the way you want to enter your observations, and continue.  Most
observers will use the Highest Breeding Bird Codes, Single Day.

We are working out a few kinks but if you have any trouble, contact your
Regional Coordinator (link on the Block Profile page).  This is new to all of
us so we especially welcome your comments and suggestions.
-Bonnie

Bonnie Sample

MN Breeding Bird Atlas Coordinator

651-739-9332