This afternoon at 1730 hours I observed one sanderling on Little Detroit Lake.
When I first saw it I thought it was going to be the piping plover due to the
pale coloration, but no such luck.  Very nice looks from approx. 15 feet.  Pale
gray overall appearance, black bill and legs, black "shoulders", feathers on
the back were gray, but traced with chestnut brown and black (changing
plumage?).  Primaries extended past the tail when at rest.  Life is good.

Also, FOY palm warbler among the yellow rumps today.

Insert movie times and more without leaving HotmailĀ®.