There was a second Minn Birding Weekends (MBW) trip in Murray, Cottonwood, and Watonwan Co's this past weekend, May 9-10. Although we did not relocate the Say's Phoebe or Western Tanager found on the previous MBW or find any true rarities, there were some noteworthy species on our list:

- 3 Gr White-fronted Geese and 8 Ross's Geese still present May 10 among a flock of ~130 Snow Geese at the Butterfield sewage ponds, Watonwan Co
- adult Peregrine Falcon: Wolf Lake WPA, Cottonwood Co
- 17 shorebird species: including Willet (Wolf Lake WPA and Butterfield sewage ponds), Ruddy Turnstone (Lake Wilson, Murray Co), Sanderling (Butterfield sewage ponds), White-rumped Sandpiper (Lake Wilson sewage ponds), both dowitcher species (Wolf Lake WPA), Red- necked Phalarope (Butterfield sewage ponds)
- Common Tern: 2 at Lake Wilson
- Eur Collared-Dove: still present along 6th St in Windom, Cottonwood Co
- Blue-gray Gnatcatcher: Red Rock Falls County Park, Cottonwood Co
- Gray-cheeked Thrush: Red Rock Falls County Park
- 15 warbler species: including Golden-winged (Windom), Blackpoll, and Wilson's
- Eastern Meadowlark: 2-3 singing at Wolf Lake WPA

Kim Eckert