What do you do after a four day marathon of bird festival events? Bird all the way home! After the Agassiz NWF field trip I departed from Thief River Falls and opted for Cty Rd 1 east to Cty Rd 27/2. Heading south on (Pennington) 27/(Red Lake) 2 on the way to Gully passes through some of my owl route territory which includes rice paddies that are full of swans during the survey period. I wanted to see what they held later in spring and I wasn't disappointed. There are two rice paddies located on the east side of the road just south of the Peatland Reds Potato sign (sign on the west side). At the southern impoundment were 9 species of dabbling duck, 4 Avocet and 3 Black-bellied Plover. A very nice end to to a great birding adventure!

**  NOTE: EMAIL CHANGE  **
NEW ADDRESS AS OF APRIL 1ST
northernflightsf...@gmail.com

Kelly Larson