I cannot explain how I was utterly wrong about my report of the Bell's
vireo not being attributed to me and yet my memory of the incident is so
clear. The MOU editor kindly forwarded the RBA reports in question to me
and there was my name, plain as day. I am completely at a loss. Maybe it
was a different listserv, different bird, email problems, bad dream?

And so I offer my humble apologies to the hard working people whose
tireless efforts have made the MOU electronic services such a
wonderfully valuable resource all these years.

I'm going to take this as a metaphor of one of the perils of
birding...one can be completely sure and yet be completely wrong at the
same time.

Mike Engh