Hey birders!

Earlier today I was sitting in my house reading a book and enjoying the many
spring migrants around the house (3 flycatchers, tanager, oriole, bunting, and
several warblers) when I heard the distinct ascending buzzy call of a Prairie
Warbler.  I quickly threw on some shoes and went out in the rain and sure
enough!  The bird was foraging in a willow and rather hidden initially, but
then flew to a Black Walnut which has not leafed out yet entirely.  Beautiful
bird!  After watching it for a minute, one of my nesting Cooper's Hawks passed
through and suddenly everything was quiet and the Prairie Warbler had
disappeared.  If it is relocated, I will post.

Happy birding!

Chad Heins
Mankato, MN