A huge wave of warblers was present all day long in our spruces...hundreds
of individuals of 22 different species.  Much of our yard is an  overgrown
x-mas tree plantation, and these spruces always act as  a migrant trap in
the spring.  We have had fairly good numbers of  warblers all week long, but
today was exceptional; the trees were literally  alive with birds!

Tennessee Warblers were especially numerous, and their singing was almost
deafening in the morning.  They came to the edge of the lake to drink and
bathe by the dozens in the late morning. Redstarts,  Bay Breasted,
Blackpoll, Blackburnian, and Magnolia were also exceptionally numerous.  In
addition
to the warblers, we had good numbers of least flycatchers and orioles  (all
Baltimore, but we were on high alert after Sandy Roggenkamp's Orchard
Oriole sighting just a few miles south yesterday ;-)

Ben Yokel
Cotton (Melrude), MN

**************Recession-proof vacation ideas.  Find free things to do in
the U.S.