Hi all,

Thanks to Steve Weston and Jennifer Vieth, I got a better handle on the
location of the Hastings Prothonotary Warbler.  So, Jill and I went to look for
it this morning, along with Ginkgo and Minnie, our Papillons.

We all walked from our place down to the river and we concentrated mostly in
the area near where the dike path curves up the hill, birding the woods on
either side.  We didn't see the Prothonotary, but we did get a whole bunch of
good stuff, including several Gray Catbirds, Baltimore Orioles, a male and
female Common Yellowthroat, a VERY BRIEF glimpse at a Marsh Wren, a Sora,
Chimney Swift, Blue-gray Gnatcatchers, a pair of Green Herons, Yellow Warbler
(heard and seen), a Red-eyed Vireo (heard further up the path; we have also had
one in our yard), and multiple swallow species (Tree, Barn and Rough-winged),
Killdeer, a Spotted Sandpiper and other species.  We totatled 40 species for
the day.

But no Prothonotary.  Sigh...

Richard

 Richard L. Wood, Ph. D.