Duluth, MNPark PointLake Superior side of the Bath houseSat. May 30I, like
Shawn Zierman, had the pleasure of spending a couple hours with a nearly adult
plumaged American Golden Plover and two Black-bellied Plovers on the beach at
Duluth's Park Point this weekend. But unlike Shawn, I had the beach to myself
at 6am. [I think this is the second time in May that Shawn has had golf balls
hit at him and the birds he was photographing!]I crawled on my belly to within
12 feet of the Golden Plover who basically ignored me....sitting in the sand,
preening, yawning. The Black-bellied wanted nothing to do with me...staying 50
yards beyond. But curiosity got the better of him and he eventually approached
me! Here are some of the photos (and other spring birds..TX, SD, ND too) Sorry
the header is screwed up.http://www.stoneridgepress.com/Newsletter35.htmEnjoy!

Sparky Stensaas
2515 Garthus Road
Wrenshall, MN 55797