On Sunday, in chilly, dreary, windy conditions I led the tenth(?) annual MRVAC
Dakota Co. Prairie Birds field trip.  Starting at Schaar's Bluff, we hit the
Archery Range unit of Spring Lake Park, the former 140th Street Marsh, and
Randolph Industrial Park.  We found most of our target prairie birds:
Dickcissel (at least 13 singing males at Randolph Industrial Park), Bobolink,
both Meadowlarks (western at Randolph, missed Eastern), Brewer's Blackbird
(great looks opposite the house on Idell, just outside Schaar's Bluff), and
grassland sparrows (Savanah, Grasshopper (Randolph), Vesper, and Lark(Archery
Range)).  We also had great looks at a Scarlet Tanager, heard a singing
Ovenbird, and a Least Flycatcher, all at the Archery Range and a first year
male Orchard Oriole at the former 140th Street Marsh.

swest...@comcast.net