The Brown Pelican was seen from 2:10PM until 2:30PM by the Huber brothers at
the exact spot posted earlier by Chad Heins.  Someone had thoughtfully scraped
a large arrow in the dirt road so we set up out 'scope there.  The pelican was
asleep on the rock with the red and white buoy nearby.  We waited patiently
until 2:25PM when the bird stood up, leisurely stretched both legs, raised both
wings overhead (showing the pale longitudinal stripe along the underside of the
wings), looked around, stuck his head back under his wing and went back to
sleep.  Quite a show !  Thanks, Chad !
Ron Huber