Good Morning,

I am new to this list and appreciate being able to read the posts.  I am
looking out the window and I see every typical backyard bird one sees in Dakota
County.  But what I find interesting is they are all over the native gardens I
have created over the past 3 years.  Many of these plants are reaching a size
that they can now support meals...whether berries or insects or nectar.

The juvenile Cardinals are having a hard time negotiating the choke cherry
tree..often dropping the berry.  The Robin is having no problem.  The
Hummingbirds are enjoying my Cup Plants and Purple Coneflowers, the Goldfinch
is eating the seeds from another native plant.  I have an incredible number of
baby toads this year though I am not sure if the common backyard bird eats
toads.

I am relatively new to birding, only 4 years, but I am still learning and
enjoying the birds in my yard.  I can't wait to have more time to travel and
see birds others have posted about.

Regards,

Pat

Burnsville