On Tuesday August 25th in the late afternoon I counted over 2000 common night
hawks (most likely?part of the large flocks they seen at Hawks Ridge the day
before)?at my house in Nowthen (by Elk River) and that was all in about 1 hour,
I then went to my Parent's house in Andover and the whole way there, there were
common night hawks everywhere.? I thing I?observed was how close to the ground
or tree tops they were.? They were migrating however I think it was dinner time
as they were probably catching insects as they slowly?flew in a southerly
direction.? I remember last year watching them come threw at a higher level, in
a tighter flock, and on a more determined mission.?

The Common Ravens that have been a the sod fields on Hansen Blvd. in Andover
were there again on Monday August 24th.? They did have?young this year but my
camera has no zoom and the were always far away.? I did however see?earlier
this summer 5 juveniles with the parents,?Monday just 1.

Yesterday I seen the pair of Common Ravens that hang around my place.? They
were just north of my house in a field.? They have been here all summer as well
but never seen and young following them around.

???

Chris Brown

Nowthen (Anoka County)

Good Birding to All!