The very late male Prothonotary Warbler reported earlier today (27 October) by Ruth Hiland was still at the same location at 5:30 p.m. It was on the N side of the middle of the second boardwalk along the trail SW from the Old Cedar Ave. Bridge parking lot (Bloomington, Hennepin Co.). I had a close (10 m) view of the bird as it foraged on the ground next to the boardwalk, but it was soon flushed by two hikers; the warbler then flew farther N into the thicket and I was unable to relocate it. This is surely one of the latest dates on record in MN for this normally early-departing species. There was also a lingering Tennessee Warbler in the same thicket.

Bruce A. Fall, S. Minneapolis