Today, Wednsday, Dec. 16, 2009, 8:00 a.m. a screech owl is in the box. It
appears on the video camera to be sleeping. If the owl is not sitting at the
entry hole, knock on our front door and I will let you come in and watch it on
tv. I will be in most of today.

I was out longer than I expected yesterday, sorry if you didn't find anyone
home. Yesterday one person reported seeing the owl around 3:15 pm, until some
chickadees drove it back into the box.

It often sits in the hole of the wood duck box, off and on, after 11 a.m. until
it flies out at dusk or later.

Yesterday it did not sit at the entry hole at all during the day. At 5:30 pm it
jumped up at sat in the the hole and then dropped down. When I checked at 6:30
pm it was sleeping again. At 8 pm it was out of the box.

The larger pole mounted duck box at the northwest corner of our house is the
one in use. You can clearly see the entry hole from your car while parked in
the street in front of the southwest corner of our house. Don't try to walk
closer, as that will just drive the owl down into the box.

If the owl is in the box I will post. I will also post the first day it is not
present. Then I will hold off posting until it returns.

Good luck, owl watchers!

George Skinner
15330 Lynn Terrace
Minnetonka, MN. 55345