Hi everyone,
  No birding trip is complete without at least once stopping the car, backing
up, and looking at a "bird-shaped thingy" in a tree, which turns out to be a
misshapen branch, a bundle of leaves, etc. It happens with such frequency that
we have a word for it: skultch. I'm not sure who first invented and used the
term, but it is part of my birding lingo.

  But like Forest says, we learn by our mistakes and it makes us better
birders. We keep looking until we get it right!

Good birding! (& Happy CBC-ing!)

Dave Bartkey
Faribault,MN
greathornedd...@hotmail.com