Kirsten and I drove east of Faribault this afternoon to fi
Greeetings:

Kirsten and I drove east of Faribault this afternoon to find the migrating
Horned Larks and Bald Eagle nest Dave Bartkey reported to me yesterday. At
about 6 miles east on highway60 we turned south on Jacobs Avenue. We soon found
9 Horned Larks.  At 1 1/2 miles south of Highway 60 we saw the Bald Eagle
nest.  It was on the left side of the road.  Dave reported one Bald Eagle at
the nest. Today there were two eagles at the nest.  As we drove on South we saw
many flocks of Horned Larks, numbering in the 50's with  one or two snow
buntings mixed in. Next we saw a group of 8 Ring-necked Pheasants in the
pasture on the left.

 We turned right on Jacob's Avenue on to 230th Street E. where we saw many
European Starlings  in the road.  They flew up to the farmer's two silos and
batn roof on the right. W estimated there were in excess  of 200 European
Starlings.

Nice sunny day for birding.

Rev. Forest V. and Kirsten Strnad
Faribault, Mn.