I am a 3rd year fledgling birder age 70 and reaching 200 life birds would be a great personal milestone for me, just as joining the "century club for my county (Fillmore) was for me. In plain language I like to think of it as an opportunity for a personal goal (milestone) to be shared with others. :) ----- Original Message ----- From: "MOU-NET automatic digest system" <lists...@lists.umn.edu>
To: <MOU-NET@LISTS.UMN.EDU>
Sent: Saturday, March 13, 2010 12:03 AM
Subject: MOU-NET Digest - 11 Mar 2010 to 12 Mar 2010 (#2010-19)

Topics of the day:

 1. [mou-rba] Duluth RBA 3/12/10
 2. [mou-rba] MOU RBA 12 March 2010
 3. McKinley Magpies
 4. Fw: [ia-bird] 61 Bald Eagles, Hwy 26, Houston Co. MN. Poole Slough, IA
 5. Birding Faribault this afternoon
 6. Red-winged Blackbirds
 7. Eagle (owl) Cam
 8. A Listing Question

Date:    Fri, 12 Mar 2010 05:56:30 -0700
From:    Jim Lind <r...@moumn.org>
Subject: [mou-rba] Duluth RBA 3/12/10

-RBA
*Minnesota
*Duluth/North Shore
*March 12, 2010
*MNDU1003.12

-Birds mentioned
Long-tailed Duck
Sharp-tailed Grouse
Merlin
Ring-billed Gull
Glaucous Gull
Northern Hawk Owl
Bohemian Waxwing
-Transcript

Hotline: Minnesota, Duluth/North Shore
Date: March 12, 2010
Sponsor: Minnesota Ornithologists' Union (MOU)
Reports: (218) 834-2858
Compiler: Jim Lind (jsl...@frontiernet.net)

This is the Duluth Birding Report for Friday, March 12th, 2010 sponsored
by the Minnesota Ornithologists' Union.

The NORTHERN HAWK OWL along Lake County Road 3, 0.4 mile north of MN
Highway 61 was relocated on the 7th. Dee Kuder saw a NORTHERN HAWK OWL
on the 7th just south of Cook on US Highway 53. Norma Malinowski saw
BOHEMIAN WAXWINGS on the 10th in Ely near the sewage treatment plant.

Mike Hendrickson reported the first RING-BILLED GULLS of the spring
along with several GLAUCOUS GULLS on the 10th at the Superior landfill.
Mike also saw 22 LONG-TAILED DUCKS on the 10th at Agate Bay in Two
Harbors. Jan and John Green saw a MERLIN on the 7th along 1st Street in
Two Harbors.

Ron Erpelding and Herb Dingmann saw 9 SHARP-TAILED GROUSE in Koochiching
County on the 6th along CR 83, 3 miles from MN Highway 11. They also saw
a NORTHERN HAWK OWL along US Highway 71 near Margie.

Unless something unusual is reported, the next scheduled update of this
report will be in two weeks on Thursday, March 25th.

The telephone number of the Duluth Rare Bird Alert is 218-834-2858.
Information about bird sightings may be left following the recorded
message.

The Duluth Birding Report is sponsored and funded by the Minnesota
Ornithologists' Union (MOU) as a service to its members. For more
information on the MOU, either write us c/o the Bell Museum, e-mail us
at m...@moumn.org, or visit the MOU web site at moumn.org.