March 23, 2010

Had a chance to bird watch with Alyssa DeRubeis, today.  We went out in search
of Waterfowl and were very successful in our search.  Here are some of the
birds we observed today.

Carver County - 8:00 - 9:15 am - North side of 150th street - Previously
reported location
Tundra Swan - 200+
Greater White-fronted Goose - 77
Ruddy Duck, Canada Goose, American Wigeon, Gadwall, Mallard, Northern Pintail,
Canvasback, Redhead (125), Ring-necked Duck, Lesser Scaup, Common Goldeneye,
Bufflehead, Hooded Merganser, Red-breasted Merganser

Sibley County
Great Blue Heron - (8) - Titlow Lake Rookery, observed from Highway 22.
Northern Shrike - CR 16, 1/10th of a mile South of CR 61

Nicollet County
Sandhill Crane - Pair observed in flight over Highway 99, East of the town of
Nicollet

Blue Earth County
Greater White-fronted Geese - 2:00 pm - (200+) - NE corner of CR 152 and CR 46.
Lots of other waterfowl at this location as well.

Steele County
Greater White-fronted Goose - 4:00 pm - (12) - West side of CR 45, in flooded
field just North of the Straight River WPA.

Craig Mandel
egretc...@msn.com<mailto:egretc...@msn.com>
Minnetonka, Hennepin County