This morning at Lake Byllesby in Dakota County there was a variety of
shorebirds.
Much to our surprise Susan Schumacher and I observed 4 basic plumage American
Golden Plovers together out on the mudflats.
There was also 21 Pectoral Sandpipers, 3 Lesser Yellowlegs, 1 Greater
Yellowlegs and 1 little Least Sandpiper in the midst of the Pectorals.

Lake Byllesby

>From Randolph and MN. State 56 turn east onto Dakota County 88 (292nd St.).
>Lake Byllesby is on the south side of the highway.  In .2 mile there is a
>driveway to your right with limited parking and a gate do not block the gate.
>Walk behind the gate , down the hill and look for an opening in the trees
>looking east to the mudflats.  There is also another access another .2 m east
>of here and pull into the cemetery lot and walk the road to the east and view
>the lake and mudflats.  A spotting scope would be recommended to see across
>the lake to the mudflats.

Conny Brunell
Richfield, Hennepin Co.