I did some birding this last weekend with the Bee-Nay-She bird club on Saturday morning and with Bill Stauffer Saturday afternoon and on Sunday. I wound up with a total of 90 species. Some of the highlights were: 2 NORTHERN HAWK OWLS ( we saw one several times near the junction of C.R.18 and highway 169 -- all times between one-half and one mile north of C.R. 18 and the second was on a telephone pole near the junction of C.R.18 and C.R.5); a LARK SPARROW at the Rice Lake NWR at the parking lot by the Rice River bridge,a new county bird for me; SHARP-TAILED GROUSE dancing in the middle of C.R.18, about two miles east of hwy 169; BLACK-BILLED MAGPIES near Gun Lake and on C.R.15 west of Aitkin; an early BOBOLINK on C.R. 56 east of Aitkin. Warren Nelson